Friday, March 7, 2014

Blind Bag Caper Part 2

Wow, a double post in the same day? How lucky are you people? Wait, that's more like a punishment, is it? Anyway, I returned to that same Walmart today and gathered some pictoral evidence of the packs being pilfered and left empty. And also a shocking turn of where some unopened packets were found and returned to their rightful display. I apologize in advance for the crappy camera quality, as an iPod was the only photographic equipment I had handy.



Above here is the Lego Movie display. As you can see, there's only 2-3 empty packets filling the display. Only a baseplate and collectors leaflet were left inside. Bare in mind this was the first time since 2012 that any blind bag Lego figures have made their way in this Walmart, so that may have a hand in the demand.


This pictures shows how these minifig packs were opened. They had a clean cut in the back, as my hand is showing in the shot. I'm not sure how this would be any different from opening the tops, but hey I'm not the sleezeball doing this. Interestingly, I found a small cache of unopened figures hoarded behind some Call of Duty Mega Bloks sets, which leads me to believe they were hidden there for someone to come back and buy later. It's the oldest shopping trick in the book.

Pay attention to the top packet, where the opening is visible

These pictures show the My Little Pony blind bags which were also opened, but fortunately the ponies were still inside. These were also opened from the top instead of sliced in the back like the Lego packs were. Also for some reason they were displayed in a Lego Friends display, which is Lego's girl-centered line, and the end cap was supposed to have the smaller Friends Pets polybags, but I digress.

This kind of behavior is appalling, speaking as a collector myself. People ask me why I buy online instead of in stores, and it's because of nut cases who ruin the fun for everyone and open the packets in stores instead of using the serial codes or dot codes on the packaging, or Hell, maybe just buy them as intended: a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment